Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Breakfast time

I don't really like eating breakfast. Yes, I know, the most important meal of the day. And I know it's necessary, my tummy would never ever make it to lunchtime quietly. So, I have found over the years found a few things I like. One favorite is a granola my mom used to make.

Mom's Granola



  • 6 cups oats

  • 2/3 cup honey

  • 2/3 cup oil (can use coconut)

  • 2/3 cup sunflower seeds

  • 2/3 cup shredded coconut

  • 2/3 cup slivered almonds

  • 2/3 cup raisens, cranberries, cherries (whatever you prefer)


Mix the first 3 in a large bowl. Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 325*
for 20 minutes, stirring once. Add the nuts, coconut and berries and bake 5 more
minutes. Spread out on newspapers to cool.




Pretty tasty and pretty filling!












2 comments:

  1. YUM!! This sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing Anne!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um... thanks for putting my future company, MANola, out of business... :(

    ReplyDelete