Thursday, April 9, 2020

Life Lately


I have a feeling every post for a while now is going to be "life lately" as even as I type the governor is extending the 'stay at home' order. My life consists of making meals, cleaning up, breaking up fights, and repeat! Haha. And of course going to work. 
Pretty girl.

Reaaaaach!!

Broke out the sandals :)

Our neighbor gifted August a mitt and ball so they could play catch <3

Ahhh work. One of the girl's mothers made these caps to keep our hair clean, which was really nice. Although I feel I look a bit of a cross between a chemo patient and Laura Ingalls Wilder. Work is so far ok, we're still at a 2:1 ratio, although we'll see what's changed when I go back to work tomorrow. 2 patients is actually a handful as I have to do everything: all the vitals, all the blood sugars, all the toileting/hygiene (usually assisted by a nurse aid), then all the assessments, respiratory treatments (because the respiratory therapists are busy working with vented patients now), and all the medications, and all the charting too of course. So it's a lot. And every time I go in/out of a room it takes me a few minutes to put on all my gear and then take it off and wipe everything down with bleach wipes. I feel mostly protected, but then constantly like "did I accidentally touch something and cross contaminate!?!". So I've left my shift several evenings feeling anxious and crying and just wondering if/when I'm going to get sick too. That's the hardest part, this long incubation period, and just wondering if I'm going to bring it home to my family :,,(

We were already doing homeschool pre-K so nothing different there except with the libraries closed we have fallen a little off schedule since we can't get the books on our weekly plan. Here is August wearing his "listening ears", as we learn about Eli listening to God. I've found a couple nice sites to supplement our learning, we watch daily circle time and have been doing this scholastic site too. 

Blowing bubbles outside. I can't wait till I can put Jeanie down too, but unless I want her instantly eating grass/dirt/handfuls of whatever, she has to be contained!

That hair :)

This girl finally mastered crawling just in time to learn to walk.

Park time!

"I'm not tired!"

Doug hung up the hammock for me :)

Fresh bread, mmmm, tasty and easy.

Doug bought me these beautiful flowers. 

I'm also late to the Tik Tok party, bummer, I don't think my video here will play, but it's kinda fun and it seems like pretty easy to waste time on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment