Thursday, September 24, 2015

day in the life (a not working day)

I never get as much done as I hope to on a day off!
On a non work day I usually get up around 8am. But last night I stayed up reading (and finishing) another book. Our book club is reading The Rosie Effect (sequel to Rosie Project), I liked that Don's character was developed further, but I didn't like some of the stuff going on in their marriage. But it was another fun read. So yeah, slept in till about 9 today.
I'm usually in a rush in the mornings, so if I'm not working I like to meander around the house in the mornings. I loaded up the dishwasher, picked up Doug's shoes, and then got a batch of granola ready for the oven, then I did my exercise video. Weights yesterday, so cardio today.
I joined a Bible study, not affiliated with any church, which is good since we are still church hunting! But a couple girls in my book club and several girls from my old church also go so that's cool. It's called Bible Study Fellowship and we are studying Revelations. So I thought it would be good to do my homework while eating some breakfast.
September was enjoying the morning as well.
Right before I got in the shower the doorbell rang and my new computer arrived!
My old one is about 10 years old, still works but the hinge is broken so it always has to be propped up, and it's very slow. I need to have a webcam for school, and it's nice to have something faster anyway. I had emailed my bro for some computer advice and he offered to buy me one on CraigsList, install a bigger/faster SSD card he had an extra, and mail it to me, yay! So it is used, but it's updated and engineer approved :) and in our budget. So I'll spend a couple hours next week dragging all my stuff onto it/figuring it out and should be good to go.
On yesterday's day off I cleaned the house, did laundry, and a little homework. So today I knew had to be the big homework day. Which was too bad because Liz called and wanted me to come over and watch a movie. Old Anne would have tossed the homework to the wind; today's Anne is not as fun or carefree, and so here I remained. Wah wah, responsibilities.
I spent about 5 hours finalizing a paper, responding to my classmate's discussion posts, and taking (and re-taking) a quiz
I took a break to eat some lunch, quick bean nachos (I never know what to eat for lunch if we have no leftovers)
and re-did my toes (that bruise on my foot is where my new computer's battery fell out of the box onto my foot, ouch!)
One thing I didn't do was go to the bank which I had told Doug I would, so he wasn't too happy. The day just got sucked away and I still had to make dinner.
I've made it before, quite tasty
carrots from mom's garden
Doug's brother now works at Jimmy Johns and he gave us several gallon bags of leftover bread. And there is one thing nutritionally useless bread is good for= croutons. This is actually the 2nd batch. The first ones were burnt to a crisp. The recipe said broil for 5 minutes, the first ones were in for 4, these ones were 2, and still burnt! But tasty with the soup. Yesterday I went out for dinner with Jill and we got cupcakes, so tonight's dessert was the second half of my delicious German chocolate cupcake. Mmmm
After dinner I packed my lunch for work tomorrow and Doug washed the rest of the dishes.
We headed out to test drive a CraigsList Jeep for him
It was nice on the outside, although I swear I saw mouse poo under the seat, ew! Doug was smelling fluids and crawling under the car. He's testing another tomorrow, so we'll see how that one goes.
We came home around 8. I had wanted to take a walk, but it's already dark :( I am a fair weather walker I guess. Doug suggested driving downtown to walk but I generally try to be in bed around 10p if I work the next morning. So we're in for the night. Probably will read a little bit, one book club book to go. (these were 3 months worth and I already read 2 in one week!) Or maybe might just look up stuff on my phone since Doug is researching more Jeep stuff tonight.
This probably was a pretty accurate 'day in the life'. If I don't have plans with a friend, I usually exercise, do some house something, homework, make dinner, have some down time, and then spend time with Doug. Not too exciting, but just everyday life.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading everyday life posts. This was a fun one, you are so productive!!

    ReplyDelete