Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Bball and lies

I am proud to say I have played my very first basketball in my entire life, and it was fun!
Last week I mostly shot baskets by myself and then some other people came over, and one guy said next week I had to play. So today was the day. I wasn't awkwardly lined up and picked last either. So that was good. I think I did pretty good for my first time! I did get the ball once after a rebound, but missed my shot, wah. But I did do a good job of guarding my girl, a lot better towards the end of the second game though. As we were running along I kept thinking, am I supposed to screen someone??, how do I v-cut again?? It's hard to tell what to do, it's not like anyone is yelling out their moves as they play.
Anyway it was fun. I'm excited for next week.
And even after I was all sweaty and gross and everyone could see how bad I am at basketball, that guy asked for my phone number again. I said no. He asked if I had a boyfriend, and I lied. I felt bad afterwards too because I'm not a good liar, just seemed like an 'easy out'. I thought later I could have said I was interested in someone else, which is kinda true, I'm interested in the idea of a future husband who most likely isn't that basketball guy. Lol. Anyway, I definitely wasn't mean about it, so I think I'm fine.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!

    "He's not real and he doesn't have a motorcycle, but he's not you"
    ahhaaha

    ReplyDelete