Thursday, February 2, 2012

Good Reads

Our latest book club book is Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.


When I heard the girls wanted to read it, I was just like "meh". I had seen the movie trailer and it seemed weird. But the book was SO good! Another book that just sucked me right in and there I lay on the couch all day reading it, until I finished, and drove immediately to Target to get the second book.


The second book did that annoying thing where they kind of re-cap in case you missed the first book. But since I hadn't, I thought that was taking up valuable plot space. Anyway, it was a bit slow in the beginning, but it soon improved and now it's keeping me up late into the night reading every night. I'm sure I'll be back to Target soon for the 3rd and final book.

I like too that I read the book before I saw the movie. With Twilight I saw the movie first, so the faces of Bella and Edward I saw while I was reading were those of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson (not that that was completely a bad thing ;)) but I like that it's up to my imagination.
Since I didn't remember who was in that movie trailer anyway.

But yeah, great books, and now I really want to see the movie to see such a cool plot in action!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm you liked the books, now I'm considering reading them. I hadn't planned on it but now I want to. Have you read Jodi Picoult books? SO. GOOD.

    ReplyDelete