Sunday, November 28, 2021

look what I made

 I saw this ad for a art display board from Kirklands, probably some Facebook ad, and liked it to display the kid's art and I thought I'd try to make my own. 


Supplies: a board from Lowe's, craft paint, had some leftover sawtooth hangers, and magnet clips that Doug pulled the magnet part off for me


Cut the board and stained it with some stain borrowed from my dad


Printed out the letters and cut them out trying to DIY stencil. 


It took 4 layers of coat and came out a little lumpy, but overall I like it. 


Doug nailed on the clips for me and put it up on the wall above their little art table.


And there it is with art!

And only now writing this post am I realizing the example board said "look what I did" not "look what I made", but oh well, I like mine better and didn't like all that splotchy color they had on theirs. 

That's also the wall that got about 6 inches added to it since we've been busy with our half bath addition so I was rearranging pictures and stuff anyway to re-center everything. I like how it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment