Monday, August 2, 2021

40

Starting off 2021, and knowing I was turning 40 this year, my goal was to be "40-fit-and fabulous".  Like the next day I found out I was pregnant, so the "fit" part has taken on a slightly different spin, haha. I actually do feel pretty good for being 8+ months pregnant, but anyway, at least I have the "fabulous" part down, lol!

I had a very nice 40th birthday. Started the day with breakfast with my family before church. Doug (and kids) got me a National Parks shirt, gourmet chocolates, sweet cards, 3 gallons of my favorite icecream Eskimo Kisses (!!), and two other things deserving of a little explanation. He knows I am a fan of Lauren & Arie from the Bachelor, so he worked so hard to write to them and ask for them to send me an autographed picture for my birthday. He didn't actually hear back from them, so he printed a picture and wrote a note to me "from them", haha! But I really appreciated the thought. Also, when I was a child I wanted harp lessons, but harps aren't cheap and not really practical so I got piano lessons instead. But at some point I must've mentioned this to Doug and he got me a gift certificate for 3 harp lessons! So thoughtful. It just made me feel so special how he makes my dreams come true. 

We went to church and then after lunch we headed to a friend's house. We had Liz's 40th at her house and it was just so fun with the kids running after chickens and the book club girls and their families hanging out, so it was so generous of her to host for me too! My brother and his family have been in town for 3 weeks as well, so it was so wonderful to have my family there too. 







No super great pics, but such good memories and nice times being with a lot of my favorite people. 

My family 💓 (missing napping baby Juliette)


And all my generous gifts, wow!

I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family, and a new little blessing joining our family soon. I'm excited to see what the next decade holds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment