Thursday, January 23, 2020

laying low

The first half of the weekend was good, I worked Friday but we had all day Saturday and Sunday together with not much to do so that was glorious. We had eggs and waffles both days and I got to take an afternoon nap!
I made a lot of baby food cubes this weekend. On Friday Jeanie had her 9 month appointment and while the doctor was mostly happy, she said she would have liked to see her gain another pound. She said she wants me to eat more calories so my milk is more "like whole milk". This is frustrating news as my own doctor found I have 'borderline high' cholesterol and I should be eating more low-fat! However, I think this still means can have healthy fats like olive oil, avocados, and not so much like extra butter and ice cream. Lol, bummer. Anyway, Jeanie has a full bag of green bean, pea, sweet potato, broccoli, and asparagus cubes in addition to the other little things she gets.
I had asked for a mini chopper for Christmas and in a miscommunication of asking people, I received 3 choppers! I love my Blend-Tec blender, but it does not do a good job for smaller portions like baby food.
After looking at all of them the winner ended up being the Ninja because it has a double blade. It works really well.
Saturday night we went over to our neighbor's house for dinner.
Sunday Daddy pulled August in the sled (I think that was during my nap)
Saturday night my neighbor had commented her son had been throwing up, but he was fine by dinner time. I didn't think much of it until Monday... da da dummmmm!
My boy was sick. And like many a mom-tale before me I'd heard about their children throwing up on them, it was finally my turn.
It was disgusting.
So he spent most of the morning sitting watching this little Christian bear video Boz learning letters and colors. While I washed our clothes, scrubbed the carpet, and kept Jeanie away.
Yes that is a picture of a puke pile, conveniently close to, but not in, the throw up bucket.
Even now days later I feel like I'm still smelling 'phantom puke' smell coming from somewhere. EW.
This poor boy, he felt so horrible, I felt so bad.
He has rarely napped since we took away his binky, but when he does he wants to lay on the carpet by the door for some reason. So I laid down a towel and he feel fast asleep.
He was done puking by nap time, but then he developed a fever that lasted into the night. A dose of Tylenol did the trick and he was back to his normal self by morning. Thank God! It's so sad and scary to have sick babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment