Tuesday, March 7, 2017

August's 4 month update

This little guy is growing up fast!
Today he had his 4 month doctor appointment. He's 26.5 inches long (95% percentile), and 14lbs 10 ounces (50%), he's gained 6 lbs since birth. Normally a baby should double their birth weight by 4 months, but his doctor said they worry about that less when they are born over 8lbs. She said he's doing great and meeting all his milestones. The downsides of the visit: he has some dry dry skin! So no more washing all our clothes together, I need to try washing his alone with a no dye/no perfumes. Bummer, extra loads of laundry. But hopefully that will help.
The other issue was at this appointment she noticed a heart murmur. So now he has to see a pediatric cardiologist. She said she's not really worried since he's not blue or short of breath or anything, but I still cried on the way home. My baby! I've been praying for a friend's baby who has to have open heart surgery this month, so of course my brain went there for August. But I really should be so thankful he is likely healthy and to keep lifting up the precious children who really do have serious medical needs.
Other than that he's doing good. I love our pediatrician, she is so awesome. She's super into health promotion and boosting the immune system. So now August is on vitamin D drops, a probiotic, and baby DHA. Seems kinda weird to have a little baby on those supplements, (and he smells so fishy after the DHA, ew!) but the evidence is there in the research that it does help. He's had 2 colds so far, but otherwise doing good.
And now for a slew of pictures:
August and grandpa
his little teething goat (no teeth yet, just lots of putting stuff in his mouth)
that smile!!!
reading books with mom.
so this little hat I bought "for my future baby" when I was probably in high school. To see it on my real baby like 15 years later, I totally teared up
rocking his 3-6 month clothes already
little nursing feet. he's always kicking off his socks
such sturdy little legs!
playing with his friend Miralie while Doug and I went to our Bible class
sweet little messy mullet
celebrating Grandma and Grandpa's birthdays!

1 comment:

  1. Look! I'm here! 😍. Love the pics of Aug with your dad.
    Also, if it helps, I started doing all my and Ben's laundry together and Mark does his separate. That way I'm not doing any additional loads and just use the Charlie's detergent for us both.

    ReplyDelete