Monday, March 11, 2024

Daylight Savings Time


This is SOOO me right now. 

Hard to crawl out of bed. 

But I am enjoying the slow creep towards spring. The sunshine coming in the windows. I am ordering seeds and itching to start seedlings. This year I am going to try to do it from seeds and not spend so much money on seedlings. But I do need to get started now. Every year I get excited to garden, and every year my garden is a big fail. *But maybe this year*. 

Doug made me 2 planter boxes prob 8 years ago and they have slowly disintegrated, and the fence flops over.. so we are thinking if we should reinforce the raised beds, or just take out the wood and have just the garden bed area. One con to just having a dirt rectangle surrounded by fence is the neighborhood groundhog hasn't seemed to be able to dig under the fence and come up through the raised bed- but would have no problem just digging and coming right up into the garden. So not sure what to do about that. 

Anyway, every year Doug gets me a handful of free seed packets from the library, and I bought some of the heirloom and specialty seeds on Amazon. It still was like $25 for seeds- but I spend prob closer to $75 each year on seedlings and then just have such a sad garden experience it's never evened out. We shall see, live and learn! The one pro to both my neighbors cutting down all their beautiful privacy giving trees between our homes, will be that I should get more sun! But believe me, that is the only pro. I now look out my back window and see, I am not lying, 9 sheds in all the backyards of my neighborhood. 😢

But I digress, I am trying to be thankful for all we have living here in this house, with lovely neighbors, a quiet street, great location. And hopefully this year a wonderful garden! 🤞

 

No comments:

Post a Comment