Tuesday, January 3, 2023

2023

 Oh my gosh, I went to review my goals from last year and there weren't any! Geez.

So anyway, another year behind us and a fresh new year on the horizon. 

Goals for 2023:

- Complete the Love & Respect workbook with Doug, there are 52 chapters so should be able to do 1/wk (I have seriously had this book back from Andrew days, never did it, and think it could only benefit us)

- Complete a Parenting from Surviving to Thriving workbook together, 12 chapters, so 1/month

- Date nights 12x a year, finish our dance lessons CD together, and attend a marriage conference

- Purchase a new rental property

- Use my harp lessons gift certificate Doug got me when I turned 40

- Make a school decision for our son, keep him in school or move to a hybrid/homeschool option

- Complete the 10 minute plan (I did her 12 week postnatal plan pretty much on repeat all of 2022 so I'm ready to move to the next level)

- Read through the pile of books that has been on my nightstand for years now

- Complete this prayer journal (I like it's weekly and not daily, seems more attainable)

- Transition the girls into sharing a room (after 15+ months, we need the baby out of our room!)

- Get Jeanie potty trained

- Think about a job/career switch

- Find some way to streamline cooking/cleaning/laundry???

Pretty much my overall goal is to draw nearer to the Lord. Grow closer to Doug and strengthen our marriage. And be more intentional, loving, and purposeful in my relationships with my children. (and then expanding that to other family and friends.) It feels like such a busy season of life, but when will it not be? I want to be more at peace with the craziness and not let it swirl me away into chaos, and I want to find joy in the everyday drudgery of feed/clean/laundry/repeat. I heard this song the other day and I just was crying thinking about it, yes!! one day I won't be able to take any chances or spend that time, so the time is now. Looking forward to a new year, new growth, and new surprises along the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment