Wednesday, August 3, 2022

41

Well, 41 sounds older, but it still feels pretty good.

I had a great birthday, my friend Jill had come from Missouri with her son the week before and spent a week visiting us. We had a really nice time together, and our last night was my birthday. We had a pretty good day at home, went with our kids on a walk to the park, and then dinner and cake at my parents with my sister and brother-in-law, and best friend Liz too. Very low key and really nice. 




And one of my favorite times of the day, singing to my kiddos before bed. Her son Micah joined us in the rocker before bed that night.


I'm not sure if I have goals this year. These last couple years have just felt like surviving endless battles against the piles of dishes/dirty laundry/hungry mouths/ and dirty house. It's been a lot. So maybe that will lessen, in some ways, a bit as kids are growing, but who knows. 

Feeling very busy and blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment