Monday, June 7, 2021

The Latest Quilt Project

My brother said his girls were pulling out their quilts made by Aunt Anne Marie and my niece Ellie was like "I don't have one!" I must have made her a knitted hat or something else when she was born, but needless to say, she felt left out and so Joel called and asked if I wouldn't mind making one. 

I had seen this pattern online and I liked it, so I asked if she might like that pattern. Ellie's mom Michelle asked for rainbow colors and with a cat instead, so I got to work!


Got all the fabric from JoAnn's, washed and ironed.


Sewed all the stripes together. 



Laid them all out to find it was too wide for the quilting and backing fabric so I needed to shorten the white strips. Back to the sewing machine!

All three layers get pinned together and sewn. That part always takes a long time. Then the binding all around the edge. Of course after another trip to JoAnns after I ran out of the binding fabric and thread!

Making the cat to applique.


The cat turned out so cute I think!


All done!


August and I just took a long weekend trip to Colorado and was able to give the quilt to Ellie. 


She liked it!

And just for fun, pictures of all the other girls with their quilts.


Isabelle and her quilt.


Molina had the smallest/least detailed, poor girl, guess I wasn't in a very crafty mood when she was born, lol.


And this one that I absolutely love those floral patterns for baby Juliette.

All the kiddos with the quilts behind them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment