Monday, December 28, 2020

Christmas celebrations

This year I had to work Christmas, and the 2 days following so we celebrated early. 

First a Christmas dinner at my parents with my sister and her husband. 









Christmas Eve day we had Doug's parents over for lunch and presents.





Mama got her her first doll. And she ended up loving this Feliz Navidad singing and dancing cactus that was from G & G V to big brother.


Hoping this helps to jump some of his jiggles out!




Christmas Eve we went to the traditional church service at my parent's church. It was nice. It ended up being very healing for me as well, as this summer I had written a letter to someone that I had wronged as a teenager, and I saw her after service and we talked a bit. I asked, "did you get my letter? I'm sorry" and she said "you are forgiven!" It was one of those things where I could've just let it lie, but I had felt the Holy Spirit prompting me, so I had to obey! It is really an amazing feeling to be on the receiving end of grace and forgiveness. It is very humbling. 

The next day was Christmas and I had a pretty slow day at work. 


The next 2 days I was supposed to work, but it's been so slow at the hospital I actually got called off both days!

So Saturday we went over to Doug's parents to sled in their yard and see his brother. 






snowball fight shield 


She liked being held by grandpa more than sledding.


Sunday we went to church and had a pretty relaxing low-key day. Doug saw a movie with his brother and my parents came over for dinner (after they had also seen the same movie!) And now it's back to reality :) But it was a very nice break and wonderful to have those extra days with my family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment