Sunday, March 15, 2020

Corona

Man I didn't want to write a coronavirus post, but it seems to be impacting everyone. I just found out my floor at work is turning into "the coronavirus ward" for all known and suspected cases. So I'm pretty worried about it. My first shift since that changed is tomorrow so I'm hoping I'll feel more settled and ok about things once I see what we are doing to keep everyone, including our staff, safe. I don't have a ton of respiratory failure experience, so I am nervous about the patient care aspect of this illness as well.

I saw this on FB and hope I can keep this in mind when caring for people:


We are supposed to fly to Florida this week for a much looked forward to vacation and are wondering if we should cancel it. We weren't going to go to Disney, but were looking forward to beaches, and being in nature preserves. On one hand I'm wondering if it's being socially irresponsible traveling around, on the other I'm thinking that we're going to low population areas anyway, I just don't know. Also wouldn't want to get trapped somewhere.

In other news, Doug and I had a movie date yesterday. We saw I Still Believe, and it was SO GOOD.



Go see it! (we were the only ones in the theater)

Also made a batch of lactation cookies for Liz, her baby is due tomorrow. 


And this girl is pulling up on furniture now. Life moves by so quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment