Tuesday, October 8, 2019

life lately

It seems like all my posts are catching up, but I feel like that's mostly what I'm doing these days. And never totally caught up on everything anyway. Life is good, just busy.
Everyone says she looks like me
I think she looks like daddy.
She almost never just passes out (unless it's in her carseat) but that's what happens when you wake mama up at 6:30 and then play on the activity mat while she exercises, I came out of the shower and she was sound asleep.
Meanwhile, this guy can now climb out of his crib. He didn't actually do it, just perched there, but I don't want him to fall. I was waiting till 3 to switch him to his toddler bed, we haven't been in any rush at all since he hasn't tried to climb out before and just waits nicely in his crib in the morning. I feel like a bed is the 'gateway drug' to running all over the house at all hours of the night!
The kids had chiropractic appointments. Not pictured was Jeanie had an appointment with an ENT, I was concerned about a larynx/epiglottis malformation since she is such a noisy breather. They did a quick in-office scope and she looks perfect, so that was an answered prayer. She's just a noisy breather I guess!
We spent all weekend at my parent's house, they are moving and we helped load up the big truck.
Someone had to keep track of the U of M score!
Cutie pie hanging out
August thought the middle of the yard was a good place to push the cart. So helpful! ;)
My sister and I took one laaast walk in the woods together and reminisced about good times growing up.
I tried the pumpkin foam cold-brew at the work the other day and it was delicious, and this is from a non-coffee person. I think I may even treat myself to this every time I work until pumpkin-everything-season is over. So good!
Other big news is Jeanie is almost 6 months and we are prepping to start veggies. I waited till closer to 9 months with August to start foods and then we had an issue with weight-gain, so I'm trying to start her earlier. I read a book Doug got me from the library and it had a schedule for starting veggies so they get a really broad variety and several tastes of the same thing, so we are going to try that.
There will be 3 different groups of 5 veggies each, then will add other things like salmon, egg yolks, legumes, fruits. I spent all of naptime yesterday steaming and food-milling up spinach, broccoli, and peas to freeze and get ready.
That's $5 of spinach right there in those 6 little cubes.
Speaking of $, I finally picked my very first garden red pepper!
I was joking with mom it only cost $7 : for 2 organic pepper plants and a 4 month wait, lol. I actually have 2 more peppers out there, but they are still green. I'm not sure if they'll get to red since it's cold already. It was tasty though, we had it for lunch today.
Also not pictured, but saved a chipmunk from the jaws of our vicious cat today too, so feeling like a hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment