Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Due date!

Well it's April 9th, and so far no baby. Not too surprised as August was 2 weeks late. But you never know. Actually I felt pretty bad yesterday. Just 'different' and crampy and I was sure it was labor. But guess not! So just going about my day and wondering what will happen. But pretty close to ready. Pulled up my "to do" list one more time to see what's left:
To Do Before Baby List:
- The storage issue - we bought a couple bins and they are under the crib, and there will be more room in the closet once August's thick winter stuff is back in storage.
- Buy newborn diapers. - 2 packs :)
- Finish knitting her bunny hat
Done!
- Pack the hospital bag - done! Except last minute throw in contacts, hairbrush, glasses, retainer.
Doug still has to put the base in my car and then install a little mirror so I can see her when driving, but those are small and quick tasks. Mostly I've been busy cleaning the house and trying to stay on top of stuff so I can come home to a clean, orderly house. I made myself a batch of Lactation Cookies and am trying not to start eating them already, so tasty!
Pregnancy wise, here's what's going on:
Pounds gained: 31. And I'm 1.5 inches wider than I was with August.
Cravings: Same, fruit, icecream, hospital ice.
Sleep: Night sweats, anyone else had these?! I'm having to change and wash my sheets and pjs all the time because of this. Yuck.
Exercise: Still doing good. Strength training, walking, prenatal barre or yoga.
Mostly just some anxiety about what/when things will happen. I'm still working, and mostly that's ok. But I am so worried about working 12 hours and then going into labor and just being awake and exhausted for so long. But when I'm at work, I'm still doing ok. It is what it is, I can't start my time off otherwise the clock is ticking against me and then I'd have to go to work sooner after baby gets here. That's the sucky part about working for a hospital I guess. Don't ever dare get sick yourself and don't expect any special treatment like maternity leave!
Anyway, trying to enjoy these last days as a family of 3. Took a little walk last night, talking to neighbors and enjoying the spring air. Although I was feeling pretty crappy so it was a very short walk. But anyway, trying to enjoy it!
My friend found out yesterday she lost her baby, so that has constantly been on my mind and just feeling so sorry for, and weeping with her. And even in the midst of that loss she is meditating on Psalm 148, and the reminder that God is good and still in charge despite life's trials, and things we desperately wish wouldn't happen.
Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights above. Praise him, all his angels; praise him, all his heavenly hosts. Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars. Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at his command they were created, and he established them for ever and ever— he issued a decree that will never pass away. Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and women, old men and children. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens. And he has raised up for his people a horn, the praise of all his faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to his heart. Praise the Lord.

1 comment: