Monday, March 25, 2019

Family weekend

We had such a nice weekend.
I'd wanted to do a last family of 3 trip, and we were able to do a one-night getaway to Frankenmuth. Pretty close by, and we stayed at a hotel that had a kiddie pool. We arrived in the afternoon, shared a huge pretzel with cheese dip, then went to the pool. Splashed for an hour or so. Then went into town for dinner. August went straight to bed and Doug & I sat on the balcony for a little bit talking. The next morning, got breakfast, and back to the pool. Then it was time to check out, you couldn't swim after check out- but they had an arcade/slide area that we hung out a bit in.
No actual pool pictures, but he LOVED it. That was Friday and he's still telling us occasionally: "I splashed in the water!", "Mama liked it?", "Daddy liked it?", "August liked it!" the same 4 sentences every time. Lol. So it's got me wondering if we can squeeze in another night there?? Or if I should just look for a pool around here, all I keep finding is just pools for swim lessons :/ He didn't even go to the squirting parts, just the shallow water, so at least the pool requirements are not that much. This summer I'll definitely be taking him to the splash pad, last summer I spent mostly on the couch with my throw-up bucket, so hopefully we can make it out - even though we'll have a new baby.
Anyway, so we came home and got our maternity photos done. Was supposed to do that a couple days ago, but was so cloudy and cold. It was still cold, but at least it was sunny, I was glad he could reschedule. So waiting to see those, hope to get some good ones!
Another thing I'd been looking forward to was the meeting of my cousin's fiance.
Another cousin hosted a dinner/get together yesterday and it was so nice. Catching up with family and meeting him. He was entertaining all the kids and just seemed like such a nice, happy, genuine guy. I could not be happier for her.
A couple family pics:
My cousin's kids are the sweetest
Sisters!
Anyway, it was a very nice weekend, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment