Monday, July 9, 2018

4th of July

This year one of my favorite holidays was spent at work, wahh wahhhh. Well at least I get time and a half.
The place where we had our wedding hosted a fireworks festival on the 3rd so we went over there with my sister and brother-in-law.
They had advertised food trucks, which ended up being a Big Boy truck and coney island. Lame! I was imagining these eclectic food options. We we had food and sat on a lawn blanket, listened to some live music, August enjoyed this toy area and tried to jump in one of those bounce houses.
Then Doug took him home to bed so I could stay and watch the fireworks with Elizabeth and Johnny, it was nice.
The next day I worked and Doug took August to his friend's for a pool party, BBQ hangout. After work I met them for a few minutes then took August home to bed so Doug could stay and watch his friend's fireworks show. It was a good trade off. His friend has put thousands into this Jeep, it is a monster! Maybe August will grow up to be a Jeep lover like daddy.
We are thankful to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment