Tuesday, March 6, 2018

crafting

Took August to JoAnn Fabrics with me the other day to get fabric for a quilt for my new baby niece. While I was there I saw this super cute woodland print marked down to $3 a yard. So I had to get it. Not that August needs any more blankets! But it's pretty much the only thing I can sew that usually works out well. My pants and outfits always turn out terrible. So he's got a new blanket.
I love those little woodland critters.
It was nice to have an hour to sew today, sitting crafting, listening to my Pandora on Indie, the sounds of my old favorites The Postal Service, Modest Mouse, Coldplay, Pinback, I feel like I'm 20 years old again. I still love all these songs and still know all the words to sing along.
Feeling a little low today with a slight fever, stuffy nose, and tired from staying up watching the Bachelor. Oh the heartache! The Bachelor picked a girl only to a couple weeks later break up with her and try to go get back with the other one. And yes, better a broken engagement than a broken marriage, but ouch, he was so careless with her heart. I know this is tv, but these are people's real lives and emotions! It was sad.
This little dude is walking all over the house and getting into everything. Things are starting to go missing. I found my alarm clock under Doug's nightstand table, and the baby monitor in the diaper bag... We have these earmuffs in his sock bin, he pulled them out and brought them to me, then wore them around the house for a good 15 minutes.
I love that little smile.
He got these little slippers as a new baby hospital gift and they finally fit. Not that he keeps them on at all, but they are cute for the few minutes until he pulls them off :)

2 comments:

  1. Can't go wrong with blankets. I feel like we have 8 dozen blankets at our house... and yet I'm always looking for one for the girls!

    I think you are in for some mischievous times with August. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....things going missing...it's just the beginning!!!! 😂
    That. Hoodie. Is. Adorable. And so's the smile.

    ReplyDelete